Our broad flexibility enables us to provide capital solutions that are tailored to the needs of small and medium-sized businesses.
Our capital is typically utilized to facilitate a change of ownership, provide expansion capital or recapitalize a company. Below is an overview of the roles we typically play.
- We invest mezzanine debt, either with or without a minority equity co-investment, to support transactions with management teams, private equity firms or other like-minded investors.
- Equity co-investments allow for an alignment of interests with other investment partners.
- Mezzanine debt typically has a five-year maturity and payments are interest-only until maturity when the principal is due. These extended payment terms enable companies to re-invest operating cash flow back into the business.
Majority Equity Investor
- We also acquire majority ownership positions in lower middle market companies using a combination of mezzanine debt and equity.
- As an owner of a business, we add value by supporting portfolio companies and their management teams with a number of activities, including strategic planning, financial management, executive recruiting and the execution of add-on acquisitions.